Yes, the $25-35k is a number I have often seen quoted. I don't know why it is that expensive, maybe the distance? I went straight to the horse's mouth (Air Ambulance 1) and this is what they quoted for ZIH to HOU. That is the bed to bed cost for evacuation and does not include any other costs, ie.., medical facilities and providers.
As of right now, this is the way I see it: If I have an emergency then take me to Hospital Especialdes which is open 24/7. Based on their recommendation I might end up to Acapulco or Mexico City or maybe evacuation to HOU. I'm talking about Those events that require getting to care within the "golden hour".
Every situation is different and will call for different solutions.
Enramad Neto, best on the beach in La Barra de Potosi, good food, cold beer, great food!
- Air Ambulance - Gringo Viejo, 2017-04-18, 15:26
- Air Ambulance - Linda from Canada, 2017-04-18, 17:16
- Air Ambulance - OlsenMN, 2017-04-18, 20:23
- Air Ambulance - frostbite, 2017-04-19, 07:08
- Air Ambulance - Gringo Viejo, 2017-04-19, 10:01
- Air Ambulance - Gringo Viejo, 2017-04-20, 10:59
- Air Ambulance - Labrat, 2017-04-20, 11:01
- Air Ambulance - rdcosta, 2017-04-24, 11:15