Question- driving in Poland

by Gringo Viejo @, Kansas/Zihuatanejo, Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 09:07 (336 days ago) @ Paulf

If your card provides insurance it is for the collision/comp portion. None I know of provide liability insurance. AND the car rental company can still charge you for "loss of use" while your vehicle is out of service. Been there, done that and in the future I will buy everything I can get including "walk away" coverage.

You just can't be too careful when renting in a foreign country. The risk/savings isn't worth it.

Your credit card company will provide you with a copy of their coverage upon request.

AND, at least in the U.S., credit card companies have a VERY strict set of rules the rental company must follow if they are going to put auto accident charges on your card. For example, they have to notify the card company within 24 hrs that they intend to charge you, they must give you a written estimate within a few days, they must "rove" loss of use, etc.

Complete thread:

 RSS Feed of thread