Temporary Rssidency & Vehicle Import Permit

by Talley Ho @, Thursday, November 09, 2017, 16:55 (498 days ago) @ Busvagabond@gmail.com

First, a few deep breathes, maybe some tequila.
Obviously you began your permit process in your home country. When we did ours, we did almost all of it via e-mail with our local consulate. Now that we are about to move a few select possessions down, we are working with them again, via e-mail until the last set of forms, and they are doing a great job.

E-mail the person you did your consulate work with. They are probably not the person who can take care of this, but they will know exactly who the person is that you need. From there, you should be able to get someone to take this over for you. If not, do your best to have them find out what you should do next. Ask them to make the phone calls to Mexico to find out what to do next.

If for some reason this doesn't get any results, try another consulate! The one in Oxnard, California is fabulous.

Another thing would be to find/hire a totally bilingual person who understands your situation and is willing to make phone calls and get the information you need.

It can be done, you will be fine. It's all part of the process. Frustrating, infuriating, upsetting, but part of the process.

Complete thread:

 RSS Feed of thread