Requirements for marriage to Mexicana

by ZihuaRob ⌂ @, Zihuatanejo, México, Sunday, April 08, 2018, 09:39 (291 days ago) @ Blanq

Thanks Rob. Where did you find that - its dated 2010. Thanks

That's a document on the website for the Instituto Nacional de Migración (INM). The date refers to its publication in the Diario Oficial which makes it law. But upon further investigation and double-checking it appears it's no longer the law and that no permission is now required from the INM or the Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores (SRE) for a foreigner to marry a Mexican. The only permission you need is to be in the country legally. You will need to have the proper documents for the Registro Civil to get your Acta de Matrimonio. If you plan on living and working here then you will want to get started ASAP on getting the proper permits beyond your tourist visa. You should be able to find the info that applies to you on the webpage linked below.

Here's where you get to put your Spanish speaking abilities to the test. ¡Olé! ;-)


I hope you find as much love, joy and happiness in your matrimony as my wife and I have in ours. We're still lunamieleros after almost 3 decades, more in love each day.

Complete thread:

 RSS Feed of thread