Avatar

You are absolutely correct

by qwerty @, Oregon, USA, Tuesday, May 08, 2018, 11:43 (16 days ago) @ Timmac

In the late eighties I bought a large bag of cashews at a very low price at a Chinese grocery store in the Boston suburbs. A week or so later I broke out with blisters all over my body, diagnosed as poison ivy. While I might have been physically exposed to a small amount of poison ivy at the time through routine gardening and spring cleanup, that exposure was thought to have been exacerbated by eating what were most likely improperly shelled cashews. I had to take systemic steroids and use a strong steroid topical to get it under control. Eating self-harvested cashews is not a good idea.


Complete thread:

 RSS Feed of thread