Temporary Resident Card

by OlsenMN, Sunday, January 06, 2019, 14:30 (506 days ago) @ Gringo Viejo

The most complete and accurate answer I have seen, IMHO. But one question: If a person goes to the Mexican Consulate outside Mexican and gets the appropriate paperwork then comes to Mexico on a tourist visa and is driving and gets a 180 day vehicle permit then they go to Immigration and get a residency permit they must convert the U.S. licensed vehicle to a Mexican registered and plated car?

In other words converting to a Mexican registered care nullifies the 180 permit and as a permanent or temporary resident you cannot have a U.S. registered car?

AND if you are a resident do you qualify for an EVA rebate when to return to U.S.???

No, no, no. The "appropriate paperwork" is a temporary visa attached to your passport. If you come in as a tourist is nullifies everything and you have to start over. You then go to Immigration here and complete the process.

If you have been approved as a Residente Temporal you may drive your foreign plated car in with a TIP. If you are approved as a Residente Permanente you MAY NOT BRING YOUR CAR.

Complete thread:

 RSS Feed of thread