Increase in tourist taxes

by mosesk @, Ojai, CA, USA, Saturday, October 26, 2019, 14:38 (336 days ago) @ Casa Juan
edited by mosesk, Saturday, October 26, 2019, 14:57

if passed the new law would make a permanent residency status more worthwhile for those here on extended stays. I have found with Alaska Air you have to be diligent and request a refund when your trip starts. The tax is automatically added to the fare and Alaska Air has not trained its staff to recognize the exemption. I carry a carbon copy of the a prior tax refund request which I have been told is one of the few transactions they still do on paper.

In the "old" days it was interesting to pay the tax in Mexico on departure out of the country.

Can you say more about requesting "a refund when your trip starts".
As a new permanent resident who flys Alaska can you tell me the procedure?

Edited- just got the information.
Present the request at time of check-in

Complete thread:

 RSS Feed of thread