lost billfold

by ZihuaRob ⌂ @, Zihuatanejo, México, Friday, February 14, 2020, 13:14 (49 days ago) @ Ppond09

would anyone know what police department would issue a police report for lost billfold and where that is. Thanks

I believe the Ministerio Público de Atención al Turísta may be where you could get such a report. They should still have their office on Calle Presa la Angostura, Colonia Vicente Guerrero. They are a state dependency. Their phone number is on the page linked below.

We also have a new local Policía Turística. Some of them walk around in khaki shorts and white shirts and something like a pith helmet, some have motorcycles. I doubt they write reports, but you never know here in this land of ancient mystery and wonder and sometimes bizarre bureaucracy. Their office is probably the Academia de Policía on Paseo del Deportista next door to the Juzgado (from which comes the word "hoosegow" ) by the Unidad Deportiva. They don't answer their phone, but maybe 911 can give you a number for them. I don't have one.

If anyone starts asking for money, take a photo with your cellphone, try to get their name or at least the name of the office and just walk away.

Telephone Tips & Useful Numbers

Complete thread:

 RSS Feed of thread