Why ALL people in Zihuatanejo should wear masks!!!

by Ironwood @, Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 22:05 (123 days ago) @ Fuceneh
edited by Ironwood, Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 22:15

It`s 11 days as of January 15th...Scroll down to where it says

If you’ve already had COVID-19 and recovered

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada

Interesting. Confusion reigns. The heading says "If you've already had COVID-19 and recovered"......

Question: If you tested positive on that PCR test taken within 72 hours of your return flight to Canada, does that necessarily mean "you've already had COVID and recovered"?
I don't think so.

In any event, thanks to whoever brought up the ability to return to Canada with a positive COVID PCR test, as long as the test was done between 11 and 180 days previously, and the individual is showing no symptoms. I'd forgotten that "out" when we were refused entry back to Canada. If either of us had tested positive , our options were to pay a $5700 fine each, OR wait on the US side of the border until 11 days had passed, then enter Canada with our positive PCR test, probably be tested again at Canada Customs/Immigration, agree to quarantine at home for 14 days, and possibly have to submit to another test during the quarantine period.

That means I have to revise my scenarios for our prospective trip to Zihua:

1. Best case: we spend $200-$400 for two (2) PCR tests, which prove to be negative....and we return home by air, as scheduled.

2. Worse case: one of us tests positive, meaning we cannot fly home until at least 11 days after the date of the positive test, meaning the other spouse has to re-test within 72 hours of the rescheduled return flight. Out-of-pocket? Three PCR tests at $300-$600, 11 extra days of meals and accomodation in Zihua, possible additional charges for rescheduled flights.

3. Worst case: One of us tests positive, necessitating the 11 day wait, then the other tests positive nine or ten days later, necessitating a second 11 day wait. I won't even bother calculating the out-of-pocket.

Of course the absolute worsest (?) case would be one or both contracting COVID and getting seriously ill....or....


Complete thread:

 RSS Feed of thread