I am in the planning process for a late November/ early December trip. I will be travelling with my best friends ( a couple). A special escape from hectic city/ work life to celebrate a milestone birthday (gasp... 5-0!) We have all been to ZIHUA in the past (but not for several years now) We rented a villa, at the time called Carlos & Jorge's, which I believe now is operating as a hotel. A wonderful and memorable trip.
For this journey, we are thinking of renting a villa in Troncones for several days called Dos Palmas. We would prefer not to deal with a car rental. Do any of your ZIHUA experts have good solid advice on if it is doable and realistic to not rent a car for this location? is there a reliable/ car service/ taxi who can take us from the airport, stop at a larger grocery store to stock up and then continue on to Dos Palmas? I would rather try to book a specific person/ service than simply grab a taxi at the airport. Also, any general opinions on the villa and Tronconces in general I would live to hear.
We are thinking of ending the trip by renting a few rooms at Amuleto, which has always been on my " bucket list". Any recent comments would be appreciated.
Thanks so much.
- Troncones Advice - PRS, 2012-07-24, 22:42
- Troncones Advice - Ernesto, 2012-07-25, 09:10
- Troncones Advice - ZihuaRob, 2012-07-25, 09:37
- Troncones Advice - Surftex, 2012-07-25, 10:58
- Troncones Advice - mrsmcford, 2012-07-25, 11:29
- Troncones Advice - Cathy in SF, 2012-07-25, 18:00
- Troncones Advice - Smansmith, 2012-07-25, 20:02
- Troncones Advice - Pam in NJ, 2012-08-01, 21:01