Re: Casa Delfin Sonriente

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeanne on May 04, 2000 at 05:23:09:

In Reply to: Casa Delfin Sonriente posted by Sandi on May 02, 2000 at 11:19:18:

Hi. We stayed in one of the bungalow's at Casa Delfin in March and had a great time. The home really does look exactly like the pictures posted on the internet (no color touch-ups or anything).

The local restaurants are GREAT. We ate in Zihua once and Ixtapa never because the restaurants we found locally were great and are within walking distance (maybe the walking distance thing is a matter of opinion, but anyway). Be sure to ask Maria about which night her cousin's will be hosting dinner. It seems, Maria's cousins host dinner every other night at a location in front of the grandfathers house, right on the side of "main street" in Troncones. The dinner was great and cost us a mere $1US/dinner. The beer was more expensive than the food!

My only bit of advice is to rent a car. Driving in Mexico is not nearly as bad as the horror stories make it out to be. They take risks when passing that I wouldn't consider taking, but aside from that, it's great and the freedom a car will give you is worth the price.

We also checked out other B&B's for "next time." Hacienda Eden is beautiful, too. Next time, we'll definitely stay there. It is farther away from downtown Troncones making restaurants not within my preferred walking distance, but like I said, rent a car and problem solved. So I would also recommend checking that place out. They do have a web site.

That's all...enjoy your trip.

Jeanne.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]