Presidente Experience

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ernie Gorrie on June 18, 2000 at 21:30:10:

In Reply to: All Inclusives in Ixtapa posted by Cathie Weber on June 18, 2000 at 11:14:20:

I've stayed at several places in Zihuatanejo, Ixtapa and Troncones. One of the places was the Presidente Ixtapa (all inclusive). I expected poor food and weak, cheap drinks. I found it to be just the opposite.

Generally I found the breakfasts and lunches to be good, both buffet style. The dinners I found to be more variable. Some were really pretty good. We didn't go to the beach party night that featured BBQed meats and seafoods. (I've heard that the food for that night doesn't have the same quality as when we were there in 1995 or '96.)

One night was disappointing. That was the night they put all of the food at stands in the circular drive in area. I sort of felt like going for dinner after it.

One night was far better than the rest. They had a small (30 seat?) sit-down, order-from-the-menu restaurant. Guests were permitted to make reservations there one night during there stay.

If I remember correctly, we did go out for dinner several times during the 14 nights (two stays) that we were there.

And drinks were not cheap and watered. It was kind of nice to be able to go to the bar after dinner and had a Grande Marnier with coffee and not have to wonder how much it was going to set us back. The daytime (as well as evening) bars included imported liquors like scotch as well as drinks made with local tequilas, rums, vodkas, gins, etc.

I also kind of expected to see a lot of people behaving loudly and obnoxiously due to the drinks being included. I didn't see even one.

Follow Ups: