trip report - barcelo

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Susan on June 30, 2000 at 00:22:20:

Hello all! Finally made it to Ixtapa for the first time June 22 - 26 and LOVED it! My boyfriend and I did not want to come back home! We arrived on Thursday and happy to see that the weather was only overcast and not raining from hurricane carlotta! We headed out from the airport in a shuttle that was arranged for us through our travel package. We arrived at the Barcelo and just loved it! Beautiful hotel, courteous staff, and we even got an ocean view room! The pool area was just so nice, and the breakfast buffet was delicious! We took the water taxi to Las Gatas on Friday and had a lovely time snorkeling and eating the best seafood ever from a little place called rayito del sol. Our waiter was super - can't remember his name but he reminded me of Kobe Bryant :). Went to Senor Frogs for dancing later that night and had a blast. Saturday we took a taxi from the Playa Linda pier and headed out to Isla Ixtapa, which was just magnificent! We spent our day on Coral Beach, where we found good snorkeling and great service and seafood once again. Went to La Ropa beach on Sunday - very nice! We also hung out in Zihua quite a bit, just checking out the sites, talking to the locals, and doing some shopping. We always took the bus from our hotel to Zihua - you just can't beat that 40 cent fare! All in all we had the best time on our trip and I would highly recommend staying at the Barcelo. I really hope it does not become exclusively all inclusive. With so many good restaurants in the area, it is a shame to limit yourself to one place. Feel free to ask me any questions about Ixtapa. Can't wait to go back next year and for a longer period of time!
:)

Follow Ups: