Re: Melia Azul - Recent Info

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Maggie on August 17, 2000 at 10:09:13:

In Reply to: Melia Azul posted by Al Streb on August 08, 2000 at 20:43:16:

The staff, restaurants, pools, facilities, rooms - everything at the Melia Azul is wonderful. Ok, let me explain why I'm on cloud nine. Still.

My fiance and I stayed the week of July 8th - 15th and got so swept away by the beauty and romance that we got married our last night there. We decided in the morning, contacted the concierge for his help, and went to the Ixtapa market. There we bought our silver wedding bands and white attire. We picked flowers from a tree for my hair and were married at sunset on the Melia's balcony overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The concierge even arranged for a gorgeous bouquet for me. It was absolutely magnificent!

I know I'm biased, but seriously. The hotel is further than most others. But it worked out well with the all inclusive plan - we weren't tempted to leave. You do need to make daily reservations for the two higher scale restaurants, but they're worth it. We even had room service breakfast every morning on our balcony. The beach isn't as pretty as the others - black sand. But the pools were so wonderful - we really didn't miss the beach. One pool is adults only ... naturally sculptured alcoves made out of rock with gorgeous foliage throughout.

All in all, we would definitely go back. And we will - for our anniversary!

Follow Ups: