Just spent 4 days at Regalo del Mar

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ Home ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by PaulN on September 19, 2000 at 09:39:06:

In Reply to: Troncones posted by Anita Hunt on September 18, 2000 at 10:14:08:

I would highlyh recommend Regalo. We were fortunate enough to reserve the large suite which is fabulous. The roof goes to about 23 feet, a large sitting area with a swing that over looks the pool, king size bed and a large bath with bamboo shower. The suite is open to the pool in front and the expanse of it makes it seem to be open air. You will have to walk a few minutes to swim as their are rocks in the ocean right in front of the property. There is a small covered area right on the ocean with chairs and hammock. There is also a fully equipped kitchen which makes it great for breakfast and lunch. You may want to try one of the places in Troncones for dinner. If you stay there I would suggest you rent a bike for the term. It makes it a lot easier to get into town. For beer and veggies/fruit, the beer man and veggie/fruit man comes down the road every day. The housekeepers can help with anyother arrangements.

Cabs are no problem to/from Ixtapa & Zihua. We paid 200 pesos each way plus a nice tip. Some of the other couples staying there road the bus into Ixtapa. There were able to hitch a ride out to the main road and the bus stop.

I don't know how many are travelling with you but Regalo is a great place for 2 or 3 couples as you would probably have the entire complex. There are four rooms of varying size. The large suite and other separate building are the largest. The other two rooms are basically bedrooms...one upstairs and one down in another building.

If I can answer any questions directly please email me. I also found Cam..the owner...the be extremely accessible through his email.

Have fun.

Follow Ups: