It was great while it lasted

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ Home ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marty in Colorado on October 01, 2000 at 12:30:50:

Well, Betty and I are back home. Ten pounds heavier after all the great food and many cervezas.

We had another great visit to Mexico. This time we stayed in El Centro at one of Luis Valles' Apartments and spent a few days at Troncones for the first time. Regalo del Mar was a really nice place. Cam should be proud of the place. The contruction of the buildings was top notch. I would recomend it to anyone. There are no visitors to Troncones this time of year. We met only three other visitors while wondering around the area. If you want somewhere Tranquil, Troncones is the place.

Staying in the El Centro (downtown) area of Zihua was also interesting and fun. Food and Cervezas everywhere. The people at Valle Apartments were real nice people.

Rob, thanks for telling me about the ladies who sell tamales outside their door on the street down from your office. They were the best tamales. They were 5 pesos each, and they are big tamales. I could spend the whole time going between a tienda for cervezas and the tamales ladies. With some time out for a siesta.

To much to descibe, I would spend the whole day writing. Thanks Rob, tell Lupita, it was nice to see her again. We will see you again the last two weeks of January.

Everything worked out as planned. This time Betty and I took just a carry on bag each. It was great going thru Immigrations and Customs not waiting for bags. I still took clothes I didn't wear! Next time I'll travel in swim trunks and sunglasses. That will look great at the Colorado Springs airport in January.

Follow Ups: