The Power of Love

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ Home ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zihu@Rob on October 06, 2000 at 19:22:13:

In Reply to: Re: Weather in Ixtapa posted by Gretchen on October 06, 2000 at 18:56:09:

The power of love can conquer just about any hardship.

When I came here for the first time in 1974 I was smitten by a local girl, so that when I returned 15 years later for a 2 week to 2 month visit it was love at first sight for the second time. There was no choice to make... it was fate pure and simple! I had to live here!

Lupita and I just celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary, and the best way to explain it is we're still honeymooners after all these years!

I didn't come here to get rich or soak the locals. Wealth is a very relative term here. I know people with lots of money whose lives are poorer than a streetsweeper's.

In that respect Lupita and I feel there is no wealthier couple. We live simply but very happily!

I can easily see that one lifetime with my Lupita could never be enough, and there is no place else I would rather be!

This place is not for everyone, and to actually live here year round as part of the community is no easy feat for any foreigner, especially Americans, but these people have welcomed me as one of their family. Most Americans would get bored to death here very quickly, but I always felt like more of a foreigner in the States than I do here. So I call this place home and do what I can to make it a better world for us who live here and to help share it with folks like you.

Follow Ups: