Trip Report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Home ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marlin on November 03, 2000 at 17:45:03:

Well, we arrived back in Vancouver last night after a very long day of travel. I feel like I could return for another two weeks just to rest.
Anyway....it was good to meet Rob as now we are able to associate a face with the man of answers. Thanks for all your help Rob!
We stayed at the Radisson. We elected for Ixtapa because our children accompanied us and the resort syle hotels offer them more activities.
We had previously stayed at the property when managed by DoubleTree and were concerned by some of the comments posted on this page earlier in the year.
We like the hotel as it offers the resort amenities yet isn't marble,glass and filled with non required luxuries. It is starting to show its age. As a result some small renovations have been completed and some more are planned. While we were there they were measuring a layout to expand what is already a huge swimming pool area.
We simply find this hotel to be the best fit for
the contrary requirements of the family. Cathy and myself feel like we are in Mexico and enjoy the teracotta,ceramic rough hewn wood features. Our 10 year old daughter likes the activities available through the kids club and our 13 year old likes nothing better than to swim,tan and read beside the pool. In April we stayed in Manzanillo at the Grand Class all inclusive 5 star
Karmina Palace yet every member of the family prefered the experience of Ixtapa and the Radisson.
Food at the Radisson was better than average (based on our experience throughout Mexico), however menu selections were limited for evening dining. Service however could be rated no less than great! I have travelled to Mexico for 25 years now and without a doubt the service we recieved at this hotel was the best yet. I think it speaks volumes when my children want to eat at the hotel because Francisco is working. The staff
simply spoiled us rotten! I also find it amazing when the staff purchase cigarettes for me at the market because there cheaper, or invite us to their homes to meet their families. Singularly things like this have happened in the past but they were a daily occurence at the Radisson. We have already started planning our next trip which is scheduled for April. My children were allowed to take their pick from anywhere including Mexico,Hawaii,the Cook Islands and Brazil. Needless to say the votes are counted and its unanamous. We will be back at the Radisson in Ixtapa. Anyone who has booked this property watch for Fransisco in the dining rooms, Augustine who
provides service in the pool area and Olivier who works in security. These folks will truly make your stay worthwhile. They are the best of the best. Sorry for the limited detail if anyone wants additional information please e mail!!

Follow Ups: