Re: Trip last February

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kathy on October 28, 1999 at 20:00:02:

In Reply to: Re: Trip last February posted by HOLLY on October 27, 1999 at 09:26:07:

Hi, Holly. Here is the e-mail I just sent to Wendy, who was inquiring about either the Irma or Villas Mexicana: Hi Wendy. We stayed at the Irma last Feb.  Loved it.  We initially got a room on 6th floor and asked for a lower room next to the pool.  The view is incredible from wherever you are.  The service was very friendly, but depending on who was working, it could be somewhat slow, which we laughed about.  Since we're both in the service business, we're used to really fast service.  Our maid was really sweet and "on-the-spot."  What was so great about the Irma is that it is between everything, and walking distance to everything!  There's great restaurants nearby, etc.  Also, although we ventured out a lot, it was really nice to have a restaurant and bar right there, and with a great view from wherever you sit.  For our charter, we chose the Irma because it was the cheapest!  But we fell in love with it.  If you ask for a room on 1st or 2nd floor next to the pool, you get your own little grassy yard right out your sliding glass door.  But I will say the rooms we're very basic.  It's not the ritz!  But we knew that in advance.  Although I've heard stories of things not working in people's rooms, everything worked fine in ours.  In Zihuatanejo, you really want to spend a lot of time wandering around... it's so safe and quaint.  The Irma is pretty laid back, which we liked.  As far as renting a car, we didn't think we needed it. Cabs were so cheap, and we could walk to so many places. We walked to the downtown pier a few times a day. We walked easily to Play La Ropa. We walked all over down town. And of course we spent lots of time just lounging on the beaches. This was our first trip to Mexico... we're still amazed at how great it was, and what a great choice we made!  I'll be happy to answer any questions you have!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]