Our Vacation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nancy on February 14, 2000 at 04:44:12:

My husband and I had a wonderful 1st time vacation in Ixtapa/Zihuat...

We stayed at the Qualton Club and was very impressed with them...We were not that far away from town and did take a couple day trips into the 2 different towns...We loved the fact that we were away from town and "Hotel Row"..We enjoy our privacy and loved that we were not bothered when we were on the beach...

I do want to point out that the Qualton now has a very nice beach area..Last year they brought in quite a bit of sand and created their own beach. This was our first time staying somewhere where it was "all inclusive" and we have no complaints.

We did have dinner one evening at "Elvira's in Zihuat and it was very good!

We also went snorkeling at Ixtapa Island and Los Gatas. The snorkeling was great at both places and the only complaint we have for the whole vacation was the "hawking" at both places...All we wanted to do was go snorkeling and we were not left alone from the minute we stepped foot off of the boat..We were constantly told that we would not have to pay for the use of the chair, but when we got up to leave we were hasseled to pay since we did not eat or drink while we were there.

This board was the most informative and useful before and even after we went..

We know that we will be back next year in January and even though we really enjoyed staying at the
Qualton Club, we will either stay in Zihuatanejo or Troncones..

There are so many places and things to see and do that until we have done everything we want, we will continue to move around.

Thanks for all the help.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]