Trip report

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lisa on February 18, 2000 at 09:45:34:

Thought I would share our trip with you all! We were there February 10- 16 and stayed at the Krystal Hotel. My thoughts on the Krystal...I liked staying there, but would like to try somewhere else next time. When we checked in we had requested a room over the pool, well, we got a room on the 2nd floor looking right into a palm tree. They said if we wanted to come back to the desk in the morning there would be others checking out and a better view should be available. I did go check the next morning and was moved to an excelent room on the 7th floor,but was still a drag to have to pack up and move.
I also noticed that when first entering the rooms there was always a musty smell to them? I was thankful that I took a little candle.
The rooms were pretty clean except for around the potty in the bathroom...maybe I have to remember that this is Mexico?
The one thing that bothered me the most though is that I didn't expect to have to get up at 6am in order to get a lounge chair by the pool! The first morning we were there I was so excited to be on vacation and away from the kids that I was up and ready to go to the pool by 8, well, I get down there and NO lounge chairs were available! People had already claimed them with either a towel or whatever they had put in the chair to claim as "theirs"...well, some poor employee got an earful! This happened our entire stay! Some of the people who had claimed chairs didn't even come to the pool to use them untill the afternoon! That whole deal never did sit well with me!
I think the next time I go, I would stay at the Dorado.

Restaurants-
We ate at ElFaro the first night and had a wonderful meal except the red snapper I had was a bit overcooked. The view is wonderful! We made it to the Marina another night and ate at Entre Sol, the crab stuffed red snapper was delicious! We also went up into the lighthouse after for drinks and the view was great! Needed a change of pace and went to Senor Frogs and Carlos and Charlies a few nights and enjoyed them as well. But, our favorite place was Villa de la Selva..went there for Valentines Day! The food and view are outstanding! Not a place to be missed!

Tours- We went on the Countryside tour and found it to be very interesting and had a great time. We got picked up in a surburban with 3 other couples and a wonderful Mexican man was our guide who spoke great English.
We were suppose to go on the Tristar boat one day, but the guy who made our reservation messed up the day we were suppose to go and then when we were to go the next day it had to be cancelled because not enough people had signed up...bummer. Oh well, something for next time!

Well, thats it! Sad to be home where it is cold and rainy today! Fell free to e-mail if you have any questions!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]