Re: Presidente Inter-Continental Hotel

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sue S. on March 08, 2000 at 10:49:14:

In Reply to: Presidente Inter-Continental Hotel posted by Surfk33 on March 07, 2000 at 21:34:32:

Hi Surfk33: My husband and I just returned from staying at the Presidente. I absolutely loved the hotel. The grounds are beautiful. Plenty of pool chairs and beach chairs (although I did sneak out early every morning to reserve ours with towels--just to make sure). Our 1st room was kind of out of the way and had a musty smell, so we asked to me moved to a more centrally located room and were very satisfied after that. They put little flower petal designs on your pillow each day. Nice touch. I felt very safe in Ixtapa and no one bothered any of things by the pool/beach when we left them unattended. The food was exceptionally good. Had salad and fruit all week. There are about 4 different places to eat (Italian and Gourmet restaurant require reservations). They have a grill restaurant for steaks, chicken, kabobs that was really good. The quality of the beef/meats was really impressive. The staff was very attentive and professional. We did get away to Zihuatanejo a few times, which I highly recommend. All inclusive is great, but I wanted to get out and see some of the surroundings. The hotel was centrally located in Ixtapa, so we walked everywhere. Restaurants and shopping right across the street. One thing about Ixtapa I really enjoyed was that I could go where ever I wanted by myself or with my sister and felt totally safe. No one bothers you at all. I've experienced quite the opposite in Jamaica and other vacation spots, where I would never venture out alone. The hotel had a Vegas night, Fiesta night, and Beach party. They set up various food stations at these parties which was nice, because you didn't feel like you were eating at a buffet. Everyone gets 1 dinner at the gourmet restaurant per stay. That was fun. Only seats 40 per night, so it fills up quickly and you need to make your reservation that morning at 8:00 a.m.--that was the only line I had to wait in. The beach was a very nice, long stretch of beach to walk on each a.m. Did parasailing for $20US. I am recommending Ixtapa/Zihua to all my friends and can't wait to return. I would definitely stay at the Presidente again.
Thanks, Rob, for this board. It really helped me prepare for the trip.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Forum ] [ FAQ ]