Re: Isla de Ixtapa

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Trent desde 68.108.122.20 (ip68-108-122-20.lv.lv.cox.net) el día sábado, 20 de agosto, 2005 a las 15:50:51 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Isla de Ixtapa escrito por Carol desde 165.247.222.74 (user-2ivfnia.dialup.mindspring.com) el día sábado, 20 de agosto, 2005 a las 15:39:51 horas :

We only spent a few hours on the Island. Since it was our first time there, we didn't know where we could store our things and were worried that they may be stolen so we didn't snorkle.

We took a cab from the main commercial district in Ixtapa to the Playa Linda. If I remember correctly it cost $50 pesos. We walked around the shopping area for a little bit and then bought a boat ticket from the booth. It was $30 pesos per person round trip. From there you walk to the dock and just take the next boat that arrives.

There are three beaches on the island. Our boat took us to the beach that also accesses the coral beach. I'm not sure how to get to the third beach. The third beach looked much more commercial than the other two. Once you arrive, all of the greeters meet you and try to get you to sit in their restaurant area where they have food, beer, etc. There is also a place that gives massages and a store that rents snorkeling equipment.

We walked around the area and took pictures for about an hour before sitting down at one of the restaurants on the coral beach where we had a few beers and just hung out. The beers were relatively expensive at $30 pesos each.

We drank beers for an another hour or so and then took the boat back to Playa Linda. All in all, we were there for probably 4 hours. The coral beach was very beautiful and definitely reccommended. The fish come right up to your feet! Now that I have been there, I wouldn't worry at all about your things being stolen. It seemed very safe and there was a member of the tourist police force there.

Hope this helps!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO