Re: liability insurance

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Bill desde 68.251.65.75 (ppp-68-251-65-75.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net) el día domingo, 25 de septiembre, 2005 a las 23:17:48 horas :

En respuesta a: liability insurance escrito por cindy from Portland desde 67.189.34.214 (c-67-189-34-214.hsd1.or.comcast.net) el día domingo, 25 de septiembre, 2005 a las 14:52:45 horas :

Take the additional coverage offered by the rental company. And, read the fine print of your CC coverage. There are some exclusions that you might be surprised to learn of. Nobody's mentioned it yet that I've seen (maybe I've missed it) but a good reason to take the full coverage offered is because the Mexican criminal justice system is much different than what we see in Canada and the USA. Generally, in Mexico, you're guilty until you can prove your innocense. Also, some companies place a several thousand US$ hold on your credit card when renting from them, to guarantee payment in case of damage to the vehicle. You might want to ask about this and if taking full coverage makes the deposit unnecessary. On the roads in Mexico - I beg to differ with KR - they're not half as good as the roads in California, from what I've experienced - especially in the state of Guerrero. Have a safe journey!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO