Re: Surviving the car

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por KR desde 200.64.32.102 (dup-200-64-32-102.prodigy.net.mx) el día martes, 27 de septiembre, 2005 a las 12:00:18 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: driving the car escrito por Ernie Gorrie desde 24.68.108.234 (S010600105a89780b.gv.shawcable.net) el día martes, 27 de septiembre, 2005 a las 11:31:22 horas :

>> But I happened to have everything. I've kept it with the truck since then.<<

GOOD IDEA!!! AND.... another good 'doc' to have is a copy of the Mexican Federal law (in Spanish) which confirms that holders of the FM3 DO NOT need to have current regiration on foreign plates.... A doc which is usually available at any American Consulate.

My little 'Angelito' still has California plates.... with Y2K registration stickers..... and has never been a problem with the above doc 'in reserve'. In fact, it's never even been questioned.... ever..... and I have INDEED been stopped by autopista Federales on NUMEROUS occasions for 'speeding'...... Though to date, NEVER 'ticketed', as all they really seem to have wanted to know is, "What's under the hood.... Puedo ver??"

But yeah, I thoroughly reccommend that doc, if you still maintain foreign license plates.....

And hey, please check out my insurance question to Scott in the 'Liability Insurance' thread..... Gracias, Muy Amable!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO