Rob, Travel Judy and Travel

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Tim McNair desde 199.79.112.254 (?) el día jueves, 29 de septiembre, 2005 a las 07:43:31 horas :

En respuesta a: that's what I thought escrito por ZihuaRob desde 201.138.15.59 (dsl-201-138-15-59.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día miércoles, 28 de septiembre, 2005 a las 10:06:18 horas :

Although I've not have the pleasure of meeting Rob, I feel that I know him. I've been reading this board since the good old "gator in Mexico" days and have found it invaluable. We have been to Z 7 times over the years and have done literally all of our planning based on the info on Rob's board. If you have read this board, you really do not need a travel agent, anything you could possibly need is right here for free. In the rare chance you can't find what you're looking for, others will help or Rob will kindly remind you to also search his extensive archives. I too had a Daniels experience with Judy. A couple of years ago we had dinner at Daniels, which was fine FWIW. Judy, who was "hostessing" at the time, came over, unbidden, and we began to chat. I was pretty sure I knew who she was, but did not mention I frequented this board. Within minutes, she began to put down Rob with allegations and in a manner that sounded to me as paranoid as any ER patient I have dealt with in 30 years of Emergency Medicine. I chose to play dumb rather than get into it with her. I can't speak to her services as a travel agent, but with Rob as your agent you really don't need her. I would personally be reluctant to use her because of the negative vibes I got from the encounter at Daniels.Most importantly, as someone stated above, that way all the $$ goes to the locals rather than to an agent. Regardless of how you set up your trip, you will love Zihuatanejo, it is a very special place. We all owe a big Thanks to Rob for making it so accesable. (Rob--perhaps this year we'll have a chance to meet and share a cold one) Cheers, Tim

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO