losing the hills

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 201.154.130.16 (dsl-201-154-130-16.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día miércoles, 12 de octubre, 2005 a las 10:35:41 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Bad news for ecologists and tourists escrito por Pat Patkay desde 216.103.91.47 (adsl-216-103-91-47.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net) el día miércoles, 12 de octubre, 2005 a las 10:25:49 horas :

Yes. Cerro del Vigía comprises the hills above La Ropa and Las Gatas. Puerto Mio is blasting away at the other "arm" of land that embraces the western side of the bay. This latest change of land use affects pretty much all of the rest of the hills currently occupied by squatters.

What began as political shenanigans by all the political parties to increase their voters' base has turned into a major ecological disaster and sociological nightmare that now involves the entire community as well as the future of our tourism industry. Frankly, I have to wonder just what the devil we honest tax-paying citizens must've been thinking all these years? Why didn't we also scramble up the hillsides to claim some free land for ourselves? I guess we're just stupid. Must be why we have the politicians we have. Heck, what do I know? I just work for a living.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO