Re: Bad news for ecologists and tourists

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por KR desde 200.64.32.37 (dup-200-64-32-37.prodigy.net.mx) el día miércoles, 12 de octubre, 2005 a las 11:28:50 horas :

En respuesta a: Bad news for ecologists and tourists escrito por ZihuaRob desde 201.154.130.16 (dsl-201-154-130-16.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día miércoles, 12 de octubre, 2005 a las 09:43:58 horas :

>> And that fact is certain to only continue attracting more squatters seeing as their population doubled <<

It's not the squatters that bothers me particularly, mate, as any squatter 'village' is (for all intent and purposes) comparatively 'temporal', and farely easily removed without significant destruction (beyond redemption) of the surrounding natural environment.

It's the "megaconstruction of luxury housing" in volume[which seems to be Z's current evolutionary legacy] that is the real sad trend. Such structures are PERMANENT, as they will forever change (mare IMHO) the once soft, tranquil quality of Z's unparalled natural vistas. And as you mentioned, nearly ALL of the Cerro land is presently locked up in either solid purchase options, or, flat-out new title ownership, and has been for nearly 3-4 years.

So, whether as a short term 'land-flip' investment (for primarily Mexican "insiders"), or as a early purchase for downline build-out, I think the inevitable fact remains that within FIVE years from this very day, there will be very little 'natural vegetation' and/or unoccupied 'lots' surrounding the bay.....

Yeah, neither you nor anyone else on this board will ever fathom the very real wrenching depths at which THAT 'new development' truly breaks my heart.......

PS> I remember 3 or 4 years back when I helped Eva at Catalina prepare initial fotos for her then-upcoming new website. I simply popped the south-facing beach shots (taken from the Sunset Bar) into Photoshop and gently 'air-brushed-out' ALL of the (then) new construction.....

GOD..... I wish 'Reality' were that easy.......

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO