Re: catalina

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por julie desde 65.88.88.144 (?) el día martes, 25 de octubre, 2005 a las 13:43:41 horas :

En respuesta a: catalina escrito por Barb desde 24.66.94.141 (?) el día domingo, 23 de octubre, 2005 a las 08:17:59 horas :

I recently stayed at the Catalina and overall, I would recommend it, especially since its rates are so reasonable. If you're looking for some specific information, here's what my experience with the Catalina was:

-Room was ready and clean upon our arrival
-We were very pleased with our balcony (including hammock!) and the fantastic view.
-Having a mini-fridge in our room was great,
-Front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly throughout our entire stay
-The Catalina's locat1on on La Ropa beach is terrific; lots of palapas for lounging in the shade with comfortable lounge chairs.
-Since it's built into the hill, there are a LOT of stairs at the Catalina...therefore giving wonderful views, but whether you're going down to the pool/beach or up to the street to head into town, you're going to climb LOTS of stairs. Good exercise, I suppose!

-Some improvements that could be made:
1. The stairs to/from the beach were overgrown and needed to be trimmed back,
2. The stairs were VERY dark at night--not well-lit--so walking down to the beach was creepy. There are several restaurants on La Ropa that we enjoyed walking to but the climb down/up to the beach was not much fun.
3. The bars of soap left in our room were wet and the wrappers were soggy (on several consecutive days)-fortunately we had brought a small soap with us.
4. Phone in our room didn't work; we couldn't even call the front desk to tell them it was broken-had to climb the stairs up!

While those aren't big complaints, they'll give you an overall picture of the Catalina. It's a great spot where you can have a wonderfully relaxing vacation on a beautiful beach. However, if what you're looking for is luxury or immaculate grounds, the Catalina may not be for you...

Hope that helps!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO