ejido

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 201.154.124.201 (dsl-201-154-124-201.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día viernes, 28 de octubre, 2005 a las 19:43:59 horas :

The ejido system is a product of the Revolución Mexicana whereby communal lands and other related rights were given to Mexican families, and the rights are passed down in the family. Most ejidos are used for farming, but they can also form other types of co-operative enterprises. For example, here in Zihuatanejo, besides renting out various properties to shopkeepers and professionals, they used to have a hotel called El Calpulli on La Ropa Beach (which is the very spot I met Lupita 31 years ago).

The ejiditario is a member of that communal land system.

Agua de Correa was a town long before Zihuatanejo, and their ejidal rights include much of the Playa Larga area.

My wife is an ejiditaria for the ejido of Zihuatanejo. She is on the Comité Directivo and is one of the ejido's most respected members. And I'm damned proud of her and what she's accomplished for them! =)

¡Tierra y libertad!
¡Viva la revolución!
¡Viva Zihuatanejo!
¡Viva México!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO