Nothing out of the ordinary.

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Scott desde 200.77.148.6 (host-200.77.148.6-cust.telemedia.net.mx) el día sábado, 05 de noviembre, 2005 a las 16:05:48 horas :

En respuesta a: Police shakedown escrito por steve from portland desde 201.154.124.52 (dsl-201-154-124-52.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día sábado, 05 de noviembre, 2005 a las 10:59:17 horas :

I'm sorry, but I don't see anything odd about this situation. You got pulled over for violating the law, and in addition to not having helmets, you didn't have a driver's license either. He said he was going to give you a ticket. A cop giving you a ticket for violating two traffic laws is not a threat or a solicitation for a bribe, it's what they do.

Your mistake was assuming he was corrupt, and handing over so much unsolicited money to him. He had his ticket book in hand, but didn't make any effort to write anything down. This is not a request for a bribe either. Perhaps waiting to see if you were a dumb gringo who would give him money, but not a solicitation. Who knows, maybe he just wanted to chit chat with you for a while?

I believe that it is against the law to not wear a helmet in Guerrero. It most definitely is in Michoacan.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO