Sorry for the Delay Responding

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por MCD desde 68.248.6.128 (ppp-68-248-6-128.dsl.sfldmi.ameritech.net) el día lunes, 12 de diciembre, 2005 a las 21:23:25 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Road Conditions + Details escrito por Jo desde 208.20.220.69 (httpe1.northgrum.com) el día miércoles, 07 de diciembre, 2005 a las 13:20:05 horas :

Just saw your posting.

Answers to your questions are:

1. Friends drove via Memphis-Houston without going through/around New Orleans. They said the road from Houston over to Corpus Christie was almost empty and fast, but not an interstate. I'm not sure about the mileage difference vs my route from Memphis to Dallas then down through San Antonio - but they got there faster even though the road wasn't an interstate.

2. To get to the Sands, take the exit into town and instead of going around the old traffic circle you end up on an overpass which has been built on top of the traffic circle. Follow the left ramp toward Mexico city then exit ASAP at the bottom of this ramp. I don't remember having to double back to get to the Sands. But we stayed in Saltillo this year at the Hampton Inn (very nice), then bypassed San Luis Potosi in favor of San Miguel de Allende, where we went for 3 weeks of Spanish language training and stayed with a local family.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO