Excuses for killing Sailfish

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Dorado1 desde 199.243.54.147 (?) el día jueves, 22 de diciembre, 2005 a las 01:35:18 horas :

For all non-anglers, here is the list:

The fish is hooked too deep: Tell me about it, I have been over to get tetnus shots caused by stabbing myself with hooks encased in tuna stomachs while collecting parasites, THAT ONE DON'T WASH!!

The fish has thrown his stomach out: Common thing for Sailfish to do, unhook him, he will go about 30-40 feet from the boat, shallow it and take off like a rocket, DON'T BELIEVE THAT ONE EITHER!!

You need the fish for the mount: NO WAY, YOU WON'T GET THE FISH ANYWAY, YOU MIGHT GET A BILL & TAIL OFF SOME FISH, DON'T BUY THAT GARBAGE OR MEXICAN MOUNTS. The fish winds up in the market!!

The fish is bleeding: Wow, I bleed when I get stuck. Tell the Captain, BS, leave him in the ocean. As Captain Adolfo Espinosa says "Stands a better chance in the ocean than in the boat".

In short, there is NO REASON to take a Sailfish with the exception of weddings, funerals and birthday parties.

Return them all to the ocean, if one should die it is part of life and they will feed other life, but maybe that fish might just produce a million eggs.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO