OK Rob

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por stew desde 4.243.191.112 (dialup-4.243.191.112.Dial1.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net) el día viernes, 08 de abril, 2005 a las 12:28:47 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Zihua to Patzcuaro escrito por ZihuaRob desde 201.144.148.249 (dsl-201-144-148-249.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día viernes, 08 de abril, 2005 a las 11:30:56 horas :

Go to Estrella de Oro bus station. Leaves at 9:00 AM (245 pesos)arrives Uruapan about 1:00, Buses for Patzcuaro (35 pesos)leave about 10 minutes later taking about 45 minutes. You get off at shuttle bus (4 pesos) stop which will take you to the small square in El Centro. I stayed at the Posada San Rafel for 420 pesos for two. It is adequete with lovely grounds, but frankly I was glad I always pack my "shower shoes" as the shower needs a good scrubbing, but ask for a upper floor room in the back as first floor is VERY Noisy. Ther are several other hotels around both the large & small plaza so shop around if you wish. Take the Trolley tour (across from the large church) when you get there. It's 45 pesos & very informative hour trip. Best buys are at the Mercado off the small plaza & around the Church. Do not miss the Museo. I would skip the lake area unless you stay longer. Just too much to take in. Also if you wish take a cab back to Uruapan & have him stop at Tingambato (we paid 300 pesos for the trip, 200 with no stops) to view the small pyramid & other ruins there, then spend a couple hours at the Parque Nacional in Uruapan (see my pics) before catching the 3:55 bus for Zihua. If you have time have a trout meal at the La Trucha cafe that over looks the park & a lovely waterfall. Fresh trout 70-80 pesos with a fab view. Any questions email me.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO