don Eladio

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 201.127.102.37 (dsl-201-127-102-37.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día domingo, 15 de enero, 2006 a las 09:43:27 horas :

En respuesta a: So ..... what's his story? escrito por Jen desde 65.66.121.253 (adsl-65-66-121-253.xtoenergy.com) el día viernes, 13 de enero, 2006 a las 14:51:34 horas :

Don Eladio Sánchez Farfán comes from Vallecitos in the sierra of our municipio where he makes his special homemade brew. I've been buying it for over 16 years and I'm still alive to tell about it. ;~)

Some batches are better than others. I prefer his "special brew" which costs extra, but tastes much smoother.

One thing you should know is that he does add some pure cane alcohol to his brew to give it some kick. If you prefer it not to be so strong just ask him for some without the additional alcohol added. He may have to make an extra trip back to his bodega where he stores it here, but he won't forget you and the wait is worth it.

¡Viva don Eladio!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO