Re: Cuernavaca to Z driving instructions

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 201.127.102.37 (dsl-201-127-102-37.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día viernes, 20 de enero, 2006 a las 18:56:20 horas :

En respuesta a: Cuernavaca to Z driving instrustions escrito por shlryb desde 216.81.169.251 (uw251.unitedwaydm.org) el día viernes, 20 de enero, 2006 a las 16:39:15 horas :

Guía Roji has the best road maps for Mexico. It's a real no-brainer. You can take the Autopista del Sol to Acapulco and catch the Carretera Nacional 200 up the coast, or, since Acapulco is a real nightmare to drive in, you can take the bypass around Acapulco. Last time I went this route all the way to Acapulco I don't recall it being very clearly marked how to get on the bypass after the last toll booth, and if I were driving I'd consider getting off the Autopista in Tierra del Fuego and taking the Libramiento from there that comes out to the northwest of Acapulco near Pie de La Cuesta. It is one of my favorite sections of Guerrero to drive through, and I simply do not find it noticeably slower than any other route. Yes, you go through a few small towns, but you can grab a cold drink or a bite to eat or snap a few photos, or you can drive straight on through. I've never seen traffic be very bad on that part of the Libramiento until you start getting near Acapulco where there's ALWAYS traffic.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO