Trip report 1/29-2/7/06

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Connie desde 64.12.116.14 (cache-mtc-aa10.proxy.aol.com) el día miércoles, 15 de febrero, 2006 a las 07:21:58 horas :

We stayed at the Villa Mexicana and had a great time. We had an oceanview room with a balcony which was nice but we weren't in our room too much. It was nice in the morning to sit on the balcony and watch the activities of the hotel unfold. The locat1on is great and the beach and the water were really nice. Everyone was friendly and there was always someone to talk to and get restaurant recommedations or reading recommendations. We had breakfast at the hotel and it was good.Just a note, they do not have blow dryers so you have to bring your own.
We ate alot on La Ropa beach because it was so convenient. Elvira's, Paty's and Rossy's were very good. Paty's had really good tortilla soup. We had a great dinner at La Casa Vieja, the atmosphere was so nice and the food was plentiful and good. We had breakfast at Sirena Gorda which had the best apple pancakes.
Fortuntely, we were in Zihua during the sailfest. There was a lot of activities during the week. We paid $25 a person and we went on a sailboat for about 5-6 hours, it was really great. The owners on our boat were really friendly and informative and my husband was able to drive the boat which made him happy.
We also went to the Blue Mamou and it was fun. Unfortunately we thought that we could eat there but the kitchen was not open so we didn't stay since we were starving. We met a couple from the message board party( only 5 people showed including us) but we spent time with the one couple who were very nice so the message board party turned out good for us. Any way this other couple stayed at the Blue Mamou for the remaining night and said that they had a great time, I would definely go back again.
Well I guess I could go on and on but I think that it was just a great vacation and since it is in the 20's here I just want to be back there

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO