We Change Things

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Ernie Gorrie desde 206.116.212.170 (d206-116-212-170.bchsia.telus.net) el día domingo, 20 de marzo, 2005 a las 13:18:32 horas :

En respuesta a: The probable END of paridise.. escrito por Michael desde 64.12.116.135 (cache-mtc-ac06.proxy.aol.com) el día sábado, 19 de marzo, 2005 a las 20:01:00 horas :

Imbedded in the OP posting was the question "what happened... please explain".

I think we happened.

You say you were shocked at the price of a Jet Skidoo at Playa La Ropa. I'm shocked that there are jet skis on Playa La Ropa at all.

You say gringo idiots lined up to pay $50 for the same parasailing for which you paid $28 last year. I find it offensive that idiots are ruining Playa La Ropa with parasailing at any price.

So your apparent idea of paradise, jetskiing and parasailing around Bahia Zihuatanejo destroyed my idea of paradise, walking quietly along a tranquil beach.

You say that "Americans visiting Z are taken for granted". I suggest that some visitors, whether Americans, Canadians, Chilangos, Tapatios or others, who promote or effectively impose changes to the local community and culture take local people for granted.

There are plenty of places in Mexico where people and attitudes have changed little over the past decade. You won't see them being promoted by Fonatur or on the web though. You have to search them out.

And if you do search them out, please don't encourage the introduction of things like jet skis, parasailing, etc., regardless of the price. Else you will be introducing them to the probable end of Pardise there.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO