Re: Taxco - more? OK!

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por mexhapati artesan ceramica desde 201.110.5.74 (dsl-201-110-5-74.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día miércoles, 22 de febrero, 2006 a las 14:13:16 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Taxco escrito por ZihuaRob desde 201.154.127.157 (dsl-201-154-127-157.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día miércoles, 22 de febrero, 2006 a las 12:20:29 horas :

Really? I've been accused of a lot of things but being too brief has never been one of them.

At the risk of being a bore:

When I travel by myself I'm pretty austere, even fancy hotels I find I have a hard time sleeping in, so why waste the money. This time I had my "esposa hermosa" Cecilia, with me so I felt obliged to "splurge".

We stayed at Hotel Hacienda del Solar right across from the state tourism office on top of the mountain and about 2 miles east of highway 95. Very nice panoramic view of the city especially at night, very quiet, $750.00 pesos, but worth it to the two of us as they feature the following amenities:

Tennis court, fireplace, bath tub/shower combination, very cozy and romantic.

We took our noon meals at a fonda in the mercado, the usual fonda fare, picadillo, carne guisada, frijolitos, etc, but for dinner we went to Sr Costilla's, which overlooks the main square and is open until midnight. Informal, again quiet, very clean, and mosti important quick & attentive service. They have excellent huitlacoche quesadillas as well as Italian.

Good prices - Total cost for a Tampiqueña steak, the above mentioned quesadillas and 3 cervezas, and cafe de la olla, only $275.pesos including tip.

The hotel (Hacienda del Solar) has it's own restaurant, La Ventana de Taxco, gorgeous views from every table, but a little too formal (reservations required) and expensivo for my taste.

As I mentioned, Sr Costilla's is open until midnight so we lounged for an hour or so and then leisurely walked downhill from the plaza to our taxi stand admiring the architecture along the way. Cecilia said the "vibes" in the town are overwhelming, according to her feels exactly the same as Guanajuato - our late night walk was deliciously eerie.

No real adventures (except for crossing Mexico City which is always a rush) this time and no pictures - viaje de negocios, Señor, but I'll hit you with another image of our murals instead.

Next week we'll spend our wedding anniversay at the Acapulco Tennis Open for the third year in a row.

Looking forward to watching the likes of Carlos Moya, Guillermo Coria, David Nalbaldian, Gustavo Kuerten, Gaston Gaudio and last but certainly not least, my own personal favorite, the women's defending champion, Flavia Pennetta. Rafael Nadal won it last year but won't be defending his title as has become the custom at this tournament.

I could go on and on but you don't deserve to die of boredom.

Saludos a ti y a Lupita, estimado Roberto!

Tu amigo,

René

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO