Trip Report Week 1 Jan 14 to 21

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Gary From Alberta desde 198.166.216.189 (d198-166-216-189.abhsia.telus.net) el día lunes, 06 de marzo, 2006 a las 13:12:33 horas :

The first week of six January 14 to 21 was at the Fontan in Ixtapa. I wanted to check Ixtapa out one more time before I conclude that I do prefer Zihuatanejo much more.

From previous reviews people mentioned that this hotel was not up to par I found the Fontan to be quite nice. I had a great room 824 you took the elevator to the 8th floor and opened the door and went up a spiral staircase to your room (9th floor) room had one bed, was clean, did not smell at all and had a 8 by 12 balcony very enjoyable overlooking the Presidente and ocean.

The food at the Fontan was okay and can remember the roast pork with pineapple was too die for and the Mexican night very enjoyable. Thoroughly enjoyed walking the beach and shopping areas across the street just relaxing and enjoying life. Had a couple of breakfasts and dinners across the street, which was quite good.

One observation was that there appeared to be less people this year and some of the restaurants and bars across the street I think were suffering because of this (but I could be wrong).

Overall week 1 was quite enjoyable and relaxing.

Next to come weeks 2 to 6 in Zihuatanejo.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO