Re: Week at MELIA IXTAPA-restaurant/beach/bus

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Amy MVR desde 68.72.204.15 (69-214-16-15.ip.meauth.com) el día miércoles, 08 de marzo, 2006 a las 20:00:38 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Week at MELIA IXTAPA- any questions? escrito por Buzz B desde 70.224.237.253 (ppp-70-224-237-253.dsl.applwi.ameritech.net) el día miércoles, 08 de marzo, 2006 a las 11:13:52 horas :

we made our restaurant res. the first day, and got exactly what we wanted - sunset at the oyster bar and later (8pm) dinner at Costa Azul. they take reservations between 3&4 pm, i think. we were much more impressed with the OB food than CA. maybe because by the time we ate at CA we were a little tired of seafood (!) and ordered veal/chicken etc. I think your best bet at both is seafood if you want to be impressed. If you don't mind spending some serious cash ($300 for dinner for four w/wine and drinks) go to Villa De La Selva in Zihua. Outsatnding view and food. the concierge at Melia can make reservations and get you a cab.
Playa Linda is directly in front of the hotel, as in you can go down steps from the pool and be on the beach - the staff will bring you drinks from the bar while you sit on the beach.
We took the bus during the day and had a riot - like a rollercoaster and great people watching - I think it was about 30 minutes, no longer than 40, and just fine for 80 cents. when you come back, the buses you want will say playa linda. be sure and shop on cinco de mayo and also area behind beach where Rick's bar is.
Be sure to sign up at activities hut by the pool to kayak to the island a nd go snorkeling. you will probably want to go back by water taxi from the pier and sit on the beach and drink Coronas, maybe snorkel some more. The reef was to rough the day we kayaked over with the hotel staff, so we went back and rented snorkel equip. on another day - well worth it.
Have fun!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO