Trip Report-Feb. 2006

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Sharon desde 24.118.20.204 (c-24-118-20-204.hsd1.mn.comcast.net) el día jueves, 09 de marzo, 2006 a las 10:00:32 horas :

Just returned from another week in paradise and as usual the weather was perfect each & every day.
:
: A great big thanks to Judy for her gracious greetings at the airport..I saw the great big Sun Flowers from inside by the red light/green light district. I was truly touched by the flowers and ballons our friend sent with you to greet us. A great big thank you to our driver also. I know how much he enjoyed talking with Elena if you know what I mean..
:
: Dinner at El Arbolito Restaurant was delicious on Sunday evening. The service and friendliness of the staff did not go un-noticed. You are working at a fine establishment. Having you & Mary with us made our dining experience and evening very enjoyable to say the least.
: Went to Troncones for a day with some friends of ours from Zihua and had a beautiful day. Ate lunch at El Burro Borracho on the beach and it was delicious and very reasonable. Visited afew of the other places along the beach and ended up at Present Moments Retreat owned by some people from MN. C.J. was her name and it is a great place. A friend from years past at Bandido's is now the manager there so it was nice to run into him and get the tour of the place from someone we knew.They do yoga, meditation, massages, etc. Sat out on the deck and drank fresh fruit smoothies..Yummy!! ALso talked with some people staying there who were from Minnesota. The gal who cooks is from Maple Grove where I live..small world. Ended up at the end of the beach area..private and by ourselves for the rest of the afternoon.
: Spent afew days just lazing around at the pool at the Condo at Park Royal Villa's. Our friends from Zihua joined us with their precious little girl who I have adopted.. Each year my suitcase gets fuller & fuller of clothing, books, puzzles, dolls, etc. for her. She is so special in every way. She really enjoyed the swimming pool and the food treats I brought from home. The dolphins put on quite a show one afternoon right out in front of the Barcelo..
:
: Dinners out were at Coconuts (one of my favorites especially when Juanito is singing). The food is always wonderful and so is the staff. Il Mare, good food and can't beat the views..the homemade lemon sorbet is to die for..They freeze the large lemons, and then put the sorbet inside. I have never tasted anything so good in my life. La Cala at Puerto Mio was again a great dining experience. Juanito also sings there and the food and service is always superb. It was my pleasure to meet Enma one of the owners in person this year. She is a true delight in every way. We really enjoyed our conversation with her. The margarita's are top notch too. Beccofino's at the Marina in Ixtapa was out last dinner of the trip. We took our friend Tania from Zihua out on the town for the night. Dinner was great and the partying at Carlos & Charlies and Senior Frog's was alot of fun..Took her back to Zihua about 4am..What great memories for all of us.
:
: Took in some people watching and salsa dancing at Bandido's one night. Always a good spot for fun.

: My most memorable time of this trip was being invited to our friends home that they built last year way up the mountainside in Zihua for dinner. The view is beautiful but it sure is hard to get to. Most taxi's won't go because the roads are rough & in bad shape. Our friends went all out. We had soup before our meal and then wow..grilled lobster, rice & vegetables along with wine. They really went overboard for us and we truly enjoyed our time there. I miss all of them so much and hope to get back to see them sometime soon.
:
: Sorry this was so long winded. Another great trip to paradise. The count down is on for next year, or maybe yet another one this year..

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO