Re: Barra de Potosi Kayak trip

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Laura desde 66.82.9.88 (AC5-Webproxy71.direcpc.com) el día martes, 21 de marzo, 2006 a las 00:35:43 horas :

En respuesta a: Barra de Potosi Kayak trip escrito por D.L. in Oregon desde 65.102.35.160 (65-102-35-160.ptld.qwest.net) el día lunes, 20 de marzo, 2006 a las 00:18:08 horas :

Hello D.L.

You can rent good kayaks from Orlando who can be found at his family's Enramada 'Que Vuelvan las Gaviotas' (just past La Teresita toward the lagoon).

Orlando is also the guy you might hire as a guide once there (that is if you don't want to take Brian's very informative tour). Orlando actually has somekind of working arrangement with Brian and knows just where he takes people on his guided tours. Orlando knows something about the local birdlife but speaks only Spanish as far as I know.

I agree with Bob that you can easily tool around in the beautiful canal just across from where you rent the kayaks (and with difficulty to get lost there). But I disagree with saying that you can't get lost in the lagoon. It's possible to get lost (lost enough anyway)if you get out further into the lagoon and begin following the many entwining canals that branch off from the main body of the lagoon. The sun could begin to get hot out there after a few hours.

Have fun!
Laura

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO