Trip Report - Club Intrawest

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por cherylb desde 209.166.72.117 (vdsl-72-117.whidbey.net) el día miércoles, 22 de marzo, 2006 a las 17:29:01 horas :

Just returned from another wonderful trip to Zihua, this was our third visit and every time I come back loving it more! (does anyone want to buy my time share in Cabo?!!) The scenic beauty and people here continue to make it my favorite place in Mexico. Due to the holiday this was the most crowded we had ever seen it but it still was less crowded then other resort towns.

We stayed at Club Intrawest for the second time and it was wonderful. We had a one bedroom villa with 2 baths (one with an outdoor shower), kitchenette, and large private terrace with lounge chairs, plunge pool and an amazing view of la Ropa. The architecture, art and décor here all very well done and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The Zi restaurant was very good, some unique entrees (scallops with balsamic vinegar reduction sauce and risotto was delicious) but it was also the most expensive dinner we had while in Zihua. The Surf Club at the pool/beach was much more affordable and food unique and well presented too. The sunset bar is a spectacular setting and the house margaritas made with Don Julio blanco were quite good. Now we have stayed at Villa Mexicana in the past and enjoyed it, and one could argue the Catalina is a much better bargain with the same view ~ but ambiance of this resort can’t be beat.

On our first two trips we had spent our time running around checking everything out and always wished we were back on la Ropa! so this trip we did just that ~ hung out at the beach everyday and then either ventured down the beach or into town for dinner. Elvira’s, Paty’s and la Perla continue to be our favorites on la Ropa. This year we tired la Cala and were glad we did. It has an amazing locat1on in it’s own small cove lit up with candles and torches with the sound of the water running off the rocky beach it truly is enchanting (food and service were very good too!) We went into town on Sunday night to take in the festivities for don Benito Juarez and then finished our evening with a wonderful dinner in the quite garden courtyard of Capricho’s Grill. Their street front bar is a great place to sit back and watch the action too. We also enjoyed the mole at Tamales y Atoles and Rick’s tequila and live music at Rick’s Bar. The one place we missed was la Gula - el año próximo.

I have photos of the resort I can send to anyone who is interested or I would be happy to answer any questions. Just email me at cherylb@whidbey.com

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO