Re: biking to Ixtapa from Zihuatanejo

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por ZihuaRob desde 201.154.129.31 (dsl-201-154-129-31.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día jueves, 30 de marzo, 2006 a las 22:27:13 horas :

En respuesta a: biking to Ixtapa from Zihuatanjeo escrito por zonk desde 63.198.46.231 (adsl-63-198-46-231.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net) el día jueves, 30 de marzo, 2006 a las 15:55:52 horas :

Well, it's a climb is about the best I can tell you, not being versed in the language of elevation gains and all that. ;~)

But perhaps the Google Earth tour and the topographical maps of Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa on my Maps page can give you a better idea than I can. On the Google Earth tour that I put together you can stop the tour at any point and change your perspective so that you can get down near ground level and look towards the horizon with the hills between Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa in order to get an idea of the terrain.

The Majagua road is very scenic and is a great ride downhill but a beast to climb (according to my brother the mountain-biking aficionado). The Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa highway with its easier grade would perhaps be preferable for riding to Ixtapa.

Ixtapa's residential neighborhoods are perfect for biking around, and there is also an excellent bike path (good for walking, too) between Ixtapa's hotel zone and Playa Linda that passes through the Aztlan Ecological Park.

Hope this helps!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO