Long Overdue Trip Report

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Carol desde 205.174.42.6 (gws1.experian.com) el día martes, 11 de abril, 2006 a las 15:03:16 horas :

I am embarrassed to say that our trip was in January and this was our 6th trip to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo and we enjoy it more each time that we come. We stayed at Las Brisas in Ixtapa for 2 weeks and it was wonderful as always. After all these years staying at Las Brisas, we finally met Raymuendo at the Las Brisas bar and he is a great guy as mentioned on this board many times. What we love about Las Brisas......never feels crowded, beautiful balcony view from every room, there is never a problem getting chairs at the pool area or at the beach, no vendors on beach, very peaceful, staff treats you great! Only negatives to us is pricey on food and drinks (therefore, we definitely go elsewhere to eat), a bit of a walk into Ixtapa. Price of food by the pool restaurant is not bad.

We have been to many restaurants in Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo that we still love but there are so many great ones, we never get back to all of them because we are busy trying new ones. There are a few that we ALWAYS go back to because they are our favorites:

La Cala - this is really a magical restaurant, romantic, food is great, wait staff superb! You will not be able to see the sun setting so go after dark and enjoy the candle light. Enma took wonderful care of us getting us our table by the water.....she is a great person.....love you Enma.....you must try the chocolate souffle. Email Enma and she will be happy to take care of your reservations. enma@puertomio.com

El Faro - very beautiful locat1on overlooking Playa El Palmar. Saxophone music playing, good food, very romantic....just above Las Brisas hotel

Tamales 'Any' - we FINALLY got to try this place and the food is outstanding, prices are so low, we could hardly believe it. We went back a 2nd time the following week.

El Sanka Grill - this is a good place that we enjoy and very reasonable.

Franks - this place really gets packed. We met Frank and he is a very nice guy, food is good and reasonable.

Puerta del Sol - 1st time here and we enjoyed it very much, food was good, celebrated my daughter-in-laws birthday there and we had fun, staff very nice.....then went to Blue Mamou for some music

La Gula - finally go to try this place, but had a hard time finding......cabbie did not know where it was. Food was very good.

Went to Las Gatas beach to Otilios and met Franco. Everyone on the board is great for recommending this place......he treats you like royalty......takes care of whatever you need. My husband and I had the best massage ever that Franco arranged. It was amazing and very affordable.

Did release of the baby turtles by Las Brisas and that was a very special event.

Picture link will follow later.

Counting the days till January:)

Carol

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO