Re: Nacional Parque at Uruapan

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por stew desde 4.243.167.83 (dialup-4.243.167.83.Dial1.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net) el día jueves, 21 de abril, 2005 a las 12:49:26 horas :

En respuesta a: Re: Nacional Parque at Uruapan escrito por skicolo desde 71.33.133.246 (71-33-133-246.dnvr.qwest.net) el día jueves, 21 de abril, 2005 a las 12:26:28 horas :

Well first of all while kids do sneak in to dive & swim it is a NO NO. The other poster is correct it's a bit far for a day trip first bus gets there around 1:00 from Zihua & the last leaves Uru for Z at about 6 so I guess it could be done. However I would spend the night staying at The Hotel Plaza Uruapan on of course the Plaza. Very nice huge rooms w/32" tv's for about 70 USD during the week & 50 on the weekends. Unlike the other poster I found Uruapan a most interesting Real Mexican city. Its plaza is rather narrow , but 3 blocks long with fountains, benchs, stages & statues. One thing it needs is a Cafe' house on it. The stores are not tourist oriented, but has the best selction of shoe stores I've seen outside of Guadalajara.
P.S. Lunch at La Trucha over looking the park & a lovely waterfall with fresh trout (70-80 pesos) is a must! Also you may consider a couple of days going to Patzcuaro & Some the other sights in the area,It would take a couple of weeks to see them all.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO