Re: Nice report!

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por Steve L. desde 12.73.130.37 (37.minneapolis-07rh16rt-08rh15rt.mn.dial-access.att.net) el día viernes, 22 de abril, 2005 a las 08:19:19 horas :

En respuesta a: Nice report! escrito por ZihuaRob desde 201.144.147.82 (dsl-201-144-147-82.prod-infinitum.com.mx) el día martes, 19 de abril, 2005 a las 13:29:29 horas :

The tuna that we caught were in the 12-18 lb category. They were in close, but as I reported before, we never found them again. The weight on the marlin was the Capt's estimate. No way to know for sure. I have fished the world (Australia, Kona, FL, many places in Mexico, Thailand) for a Blue Marlin, and this was my first. Have come close before, but never actually caught one before this trip. AND, by the way, the Australians practice catch and release on all of their billfish as do the good folks in Hawaii. (Fished the Sundowner with Darin Isaacs out of Kona...you will see him on ESPN2 salt water fishing all the time.) I totally agree with all the catch and release discussions. I hope I clarified that in one of my responses. My only reason for posting the report was to tell other fisherman what was going on in ZIH. I find this information useful when I'm heading that way and only wanted to help someone else out. Not interested in a pissing contest about who caught more or killed a fish. People have to make their own decisons. Hopefully, they will make good ones and perhaps "informed" ones.
Good luck to all my fishing compadres!

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO