Report: Casa Puesta del Sol - Barra de Potosi

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por judi in Oklahoma desde 63.105.65.9 (?) el día martes, 30 de mayo, 2006 a las 12:56:02 horas :

In early May we spent 4 nights, after 4 in Zihua, at this lovely house right on the beach.

http://casa-puesta-del-sol.com/en/

We rented the bottom portion which is 2 bedrooms, each with it's own bathroom and separate entrances to the outside. It has a large, fully equipped kitchen with view of the ocean. Nice palapa out front with 2 hammocks, table/chairs and lounge chairs.
No pool but I'm sure you could use the pool next door at the Hotel Barra de Potosi for the price of a drink or a taco. Even though it is right next to the hotel the house is very private.

Between the house and the caretaker's house is an adorable 1 bedroom bungalow with kitchen.

Prices are VERY reasonable.

I had wonderful communication with owners Syd and LaRae before our trip. They live part-time upstairs (separate entrance) but were not there while we were.

The waves here are perfect for boogie boarding and body surfing. Not too big...not too small. It is a beautiful, clean and quiet beach. The waves were much larger the further north I walked.

The house is a short walk, maybe 1/2 mile, to the enramada area of Barra de Potosi. I think there are about 15 enramadas there, which are outdoor, palapa covered restaurants with hammocks. They all seem to close up around 6PM.

We spent most of our enramada time at the first one you come to, La Condessa.
One afternoon I met Otto (Dorado) there, keeper of this great Barra de Potosi website:

http://barra-de-potosi.info/en/

Waving to Dorado!!! I swear Otto...I only talk that much after 5 CocoLocos!

Thanks Syd & LaRae! We had a wonderful, relaxing stay and I highly recommend Casa Puesta del Sol.
But, shhh quiet everyone. I want to make sure the house is available for our next stay.

judi in OK

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO