Casa Tucanes Bungalows and Quick Trip Report

[Archives Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Home] [Zihuatanejo Ixtapa Troncones Message Board]

Escrito por LGalan desde 167.219.88.140 (?) el día martes, 13 de junio, 2006 a las 15:06:43 horas :

En respuesta a: Casa Tucanes Bungalows escrito por Jack desde 4.158.120.75 (dialup-4.158.120.75.Dial1.Chicago1.Level3.net) el día martes, 06 de junio, 2006 a las 23:23:28 horas :

My husband and I returned on 6/6 after 12 days in Zihua. We stayed at Casa Tucanes. It is a short walk from La Ropa. The property is secure and the pool is nice (we spent at least some of every day in it). We were the only ones there the entire time. One potential draw-back is that the rooms are not air-conditioned but all rooms have ceiling fans(we were able to acclimate to the fans after 1 night). We are not super picky and thought for the price it was fine. We stayed in one of the bungalows for the first 9 days and then moved to the 3rd floor apartment for the remainder of our stay(there was a lot of rain and power outages throughout Zihua but for some reason the 3rd floor had power).

The bus stops right in front for a quick and cheap (around 45 cents p/p) hop into town. We usually ended up taking a taxi back from town as the last bus to La Ropa is around 6ish (we paid 30 pesos or 3 dollars)

Casa Tucanes was a relaxing place to stay and the owners are very nice. They even shared tamales with us one day and were very accomodating when the power was out. I would recommend it if you are looking for a place to relax and be on your own.

Although we enjoyed our stay, if we return to Zihua I think that we would stay near the "centro" since we spent a lot of time there and at Las Gatas (a quick water-taxi ride across the bay).

We spent the most time at Las Gatas being waited on by Franco (I can't remember the name of the restaurant something like Ovillios, had great food, good prices, and great cigars according to my husband).

One of our best days was spent on Playa Larga watching the huge waves and drinking margaritas at 4 Hermanos. We took a taxi there and caught a "cumbi" and a bus to get back.

We also took a bus to Petatlan and had a wonderful meal at a restuarant a little out of the way.

It was a great trip and we hope to go back another time.

Follow Ups:

ZIHUATANEJO MEXICO  IXTAPA MEXICO  TRONCONES MEXICO  BARRA DE POTOSI MEXICO